The Gombe state Ministry of Finance and Economic Development is the arm of the Gombe state government that manages the finances and All matters that relate to the Economic Development of Gombe state.
The major roles of the ministry include:
- The preparation, and monitoring of the execution of the annual fiscal budget of Gombe state
- The ministry is saddled with the management of government financial assets.
- Propose bills related to the management of government employees, particularly bills related to staffing, salaries, benefits and pensions.
- Amortize debt and coordinate financial activities carried out within the scope of its power, for the different ministries and their related entities.
- Be aware of and report on any initiative of a financial nature involving public expenditure and indebtedness before it is debated by Congress.
- Participate in the negotiation of international free trade and financial agreements.
- Exercise all powers and rights as conferred on it in the laws of the Central Bank of Nigeria